The Published Admission Number for places in Reception at Fibbersley Park Academy in September 2021 is 90.
Where applications exceed the number of places available the following criteria will be applied in the order set out below:
- Children in public care (Looked After Children).
- Children who have an older sibling already in attendance at the school when the application is made and who will still be attending the school at the proposed admission date.
- Children for whom a place at the school is essential on medical or social grounds and where the application is supported in writing by a medical practitioner or social worker.
- Children who are attending Fibbersley Park Nursery and an application for a school place has been made following the correct procedure and within the required timescales.
- Children living closest to the school will be given a higher priority. Distance will be measured in a straight line from the centre point of the home address to the centre point of the school address.
For the purposes of this policy a brother or sister/sibling is:
- A brother or sister sharing the same parents
- A half-brother or half-sister where two children share one common parent
- A step brother or step sister where two children are related by marriage
- Any other child for whom it can be demonstrated that he or she is residing permanently at the same address (e.g. under the terms of a residency order/special guardianship or adoption)
Children with Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP)
- Children who have an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) and have named Fibbersley Park Academy as their preferred school will be admitted before all other applicants providing the school feels that the needs of the child can be met.
Applications for twins and multiple births
- It is the policy of Fibbersley Park Academy that when applications for twins/multiple births or siblings that are in the same year group the children will not, if possible, be admitted into the same class. They will be allocated separate classes.